- Skip-the-line and See the bones of 6 million Parisians in the Paris Catacombs
- Embark on a 2-hour tour with a professional experienced guide
- Ear incredible stories about how 6 million people came to be buried in this city of the dead
Discover the underground labyrinth of the Paris Catacombs with Skip-the-line to access to this site. Take a journey with a professional guide and listen to the commentary’s as he unveils the 2000 years old history.
Once you meet the guide the tour will begin, pick up a headset to hear the details provided by your guide. You’ll explore the darker side of the City of Lights, as you bypass long lines with fast-track entry. Listen to the guide as he reveals the stories of how the catacombs were built and the projects that took place in transferring bones from around the city to this point.
The guide will escort you through nearly 300km of tunnels and narrow paths stretched below the streets of Paris that used to be limestone quarries.
You’ll learn the resting places of more than 6million people dating from 18th century and be amazed at the chambers as you pass and see the bones and skulls surrounded.
Next, you will be escorted to the special access camber where the guards will grant access just only for your group. Here with the help of the guide you’ll understand and see the secret chapel decorated with skulls and femurs of the French Royals, Decures sculptures, the quarries footbath, the Sacellum Crypt, the sepulchral lamp, and Gilbert’s tomb.
With this unique access to the rooms which are not accessible to the general public, you get to discover the Catacombs of Paris fully. Your tour will end after a full detour through the cool and clammy corridors to see the bones and skulls of the long dead, pushed into carvings and embedded in the walls.
Place Denfert-Rochereau (in front of entrance gate)
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Access to special areas of the Paris Catacombs
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket
- We guarantee "Skip the Line" even during peak season, except in the event of delays or strikes by the catacomb’s management
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- You will have to climb down and back up 130 steps and walk about 2 kilometers underground during this tour
- There are no elevators, no bathrooms and no lockers
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart or breathing conditions or for children under the age of 10
- Be aware that it is always around 14°C (57°F) in the Catacombs, so please dress accordingly
- Only bags maximum 40x30cm are allowed and they must not be carried on the shoulders
- This activity is not wheelchair, strollers or baby carriages accessible
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, physically not fit to climb steps, pregnant women and suffering from vertigo, claustrophobia or heart problems
- "Skip-the-line" access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the catacombs management)
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund