- View house paintings ranging from the 13th century to the 18th century
- Witness the famous “Madonna di Ognissanti” by Giotto
- Peruse an admirable creation of art by Filippo Brunelleschi
Explore the glory of masterpieces from the past at the Uffizi Gallery. A world-famous museum of Florence, it contains one of the oldest and famous collections of art in the world. Visitors to Florence should not miss the chance to view some of the most precious and amazing pieces of art done by Giotto, Filippo Lippi, Raphael, and Caravaggio. With this guided tour service, you will be able to "skip-the-line" to obtain a priority entry ticket to the Uffizi gallery.
The guide will start off with a little history of Uffizi Gallery, which used to house the administrative and legal offices before it became a gallery and information about the Medici as the majority of artistic masterpieces in Florence and in the Uffizi are their own collection as well as support provided by the Medici for arts and artists of past centuries.
After entering, the guide will show you the portrait of Anna Maria Luisa de' Medici, the last surviving member of the Medici responsible for donating all of the family's collections to the city.
As you climb the grand staircase to the top floor, where the museum collections begin, the guide will explain the architecture of the museum and fascinate you with the secrets, legends and other various interesting bits of information behind the many paintings on display in this gallery.
The first hall contains works by Giotto, Cimabue, and Duccio di Buoninsegna and You'll see and learn about the paintings of Venus de Milo by Botticelli, the Annunciation by Leonardo da Vinci and the only panel painting in the world by Michelangelo from the guide.
Along with the local and art expert guide discover the Uffizi and its masterpieces, an interesting and fun journey, where the artists and their paintings are brought to life by the guide. By knowing some of the who, what and why, will enrich the visit to the museum.
The tour takes about two hours, the perfect amount to see the highlights inside the museum without feeling overwhelmed. You can also return to anything you might want to see again, after the tour ends.
Piazza degli Uffizi (in front of Leonardo da Vinci statue)
- Included in the ticket with reservation
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- We guarantee. 'skip the line' tours even during peak season, except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Pets and large luggage are not allowed
- The tour operator guarantees 'skip the line' tours even during peak season, except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund