- Stroll down the narrow alleys of Venice and encounter enchanting squares
- Take a classic gondola ride along the Grand Canal and smaller canals
- Embark on a 2.5-hour tour with a professional experienced guide
See Venice from the land and water on a 2-hour combined stroll through the fabled quarters of “La Serenissima”, and a gondola ride along the quiet canals. See the unusual façade of La Fenice, and hear curious stories about the Venetian Republic.
The tour will begin at St Mark's Campanile, mostly known as the very heart of the city. This square is known to be the world’s most beautiful drawing room, you’ll see it for yourself once you visit it. The guide will give a brief historical introduction of the most powerful maritime empire of the Mediterranean Sea. In this square, there are some of the most famous buildings that the guide will point out to you as you continue the tour.
In this square, you’ll be introduced to the St Mark’s Basilica the cathedral church of Venice the symbol of the city with its Byzantine-style cupolas with its golden mosaics and priceless bronze and golden horses coming from Costantinopoli. The guide will explain the church’s exterior designed in the severe form of gothic.
Next, you’ll continue to see the Doge’s Palace which is a few meters away from the Cathedral, yet another monument suited in the St. Mark’s square. Here the guide will reveal you the story of this beautiful palace and the fire that took place, and the structure and the architectural style of this magnificent building.
And then walk to see the tallest building in Venice, The Campanile (Bell Tower) which once used to be a lighthouse for the sailors.
After the discovering and learning of the at must-see architectural gems like a stunning basilica and more, you’ll continue to tour to Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo, where the largest church of Venice is located, the Pantheon of Venice. The guide will take you around the church’s exterior, which is designed by marvelous sculptures.
Just nearby the church you can admire the most prominent and most beautifully
decorated the building in Venice known as the Scuola Grande di San Marco (“Great School of
Charity”). The guide will explain you the importance and the significance of this building to the
As you stroll the streets and pretty alleys crossing across small bridges of Venice, you’ll uncover hidden gems along the way, like Marco Polo’s house a great traveller and writer, the guide will tell you the historical significance of this place, and the contribution made to the world by the man who once lived within these four walls, it is hard not to feel a certain sense of awe.
You’ll not stop there; the guide will walk you to the husting and bustling of the most famous shopping street of Venice known as Mercerie. This historic heart of commercial life in the city is sited between the Rialto bridge and San Marco square.
After a pleasant walk for one and a half hours without being tired and overwhelmed, the guide will escort you to the docks where you’ll climb aboard on a gondola for a 30-minute ride on your own punt along the canals of Venice. Be lulled by the gentle sway of the lagoon as you move deeper into the minor canals, and coast past lesser known areas to see quaint corners and majestic palaces from a new perspective.
This almost two-and-a-half-hour tour will end again at the docks of Grand Canal, it’ll be a hassle free and not overwhelming tour. Share this wonderful experience with the people closet to you and discover this enchanted city with our professional guides.
Piazza San Marco (in front of "Yex" Exchange Office, under the clock tower)
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Guided Walking Tour
- 30 minutes Gondola Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Guided tour on gondola
- Entrance tickets to the attractions
- Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour. All customers must be able to autonomously walk, climb and get off the steps
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be rearranged or refunded)
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full