- Skip the line with your pre-reserved entrance tickets
- See the David and St. George by Donatello, the Bacchus and Tondo Pitti by Michelangelo and more!
- Spend two hours exploring the Bargello Museum with a professional local guide
Tour to one of Florence’s most beautiful and important museums: the Bargello Palace, renowned all aroud Europe for its incredible works of sculpture. It displays many important sculptures of Michelangelo and Donatello, along with other examples of minor arts.
The guide will start off with a little history of Bargello Museum, which used to be the headquarters of the Capitano Del Popolo and later of the Podesta (the lord of the city), and how the palace became the residence of the head of the police and later used as a prison.
The guide will escort you through the museum for you to enjoy the very important works of art kept in Bargello. The ground floor rooms display the Tuscan works of 16century. The guide will particularly focus on four masterpieces by Michelangelo: Bacchus, the relief depicting a Madonna with Child (Tondo Pitti), Brutus, and David-Apollo.
Along with the local and expert guide you will then discover the works of Bartolomeo Ammannati, Benvenuto Cellini, Giambologna up with his admirable Flying Mercury and listen as you admire many other treasures like works of art enriched by the Carrand collection. You will discover the precious ivories and the bronzies that include several Roman and Byzantine examples.
Then, you will immerse yourself in the early Renaissance, when your guide will explain the masterpieces made by Donatello (Saint George, the Lion and the David) and Verrocchio.
Later the guide will escort you to the second floor, which is solely dedicated to the glazed terracotta done by Andrea and Giovanni Della Robbia.
The tour takes about two hours, the perfect amount to see this famous art collection, without feeling overwhelmed. You can also return to anything you might want to see again after the tour ends.
Piazza della Signoria (Equestrian Statue of Cosimo I de'Medici)
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Entrance Ticket with reservation
- We guarantee "Skip the Line" even during peak season, except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved
- The tour is accessible by wheelchair
- "Skip-the-line" access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management)
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund