- Explore Venice as you’ve never seen before and marvel at amazing panoramic views
- Stroll down the narrow alleys of Venice and encounter enchanting squares
- Receive that local touch with the professional guide as you see the main highlights of Venice
Join an amazing one and a half tour, as Venice is a fascinating maze of narrow streets, beautiful & elegant palaces and imposing churches: we make sure you don't miss a thing during an enlightening walking tour led by our professional guides.
The tour will begin at St Mark's Campanile, mostly known as the very heart of the city. This square is known to be the world’s most beautiful drawing room, you’ll see it for yourself once you visit it. The guide will give a brief historical introduction of the most powerful maritime empire of the Mediterranean Sea. In this square, there are some of the most famous buildings that the guide will point out to you as you continue the tour.
In this square, you’ll be introduced to the St Mark’s Basilica the cathedral church of Venice the symbol of the city with its Byzantine-style cupolas with its golden mosaics and priceless bronze and golden horses coming from Costantinopoli. The guide will explain the church’s exterior designed in the severe form of gothic.
Next, you’ll continue to see the Doge’s Palace which is a few meters away from the Cathedral, yet another monument suited in the St. Mark’s square. Here the guide will reveal you the story of this beautiful palace and the fire that took place, and the structure and the architectural style of this magnificent building.
And then walk to see the tallest building in Venice, The Campanile (Bell Tower) which once used to be a lighthouse for the sailors.
After the discovering and learning of the at must-see architectural gems like a stunning basilica and more, you’ll continue to tour to Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo, where the largest church of Venice is located, the Pantheon of Venice. The guide will take you around the church’s exterior, which is designed by marvelous sculptures.
Just nearby the church you can admire the most prominent and most beautifully
decorated the building in Venice known as the Scuola Grande di San Marco (“Great School of
Charity”). The guide will explain you the importance and the significance of this building to the
As you stroll the streets and pretty alleys crossing across small bridges of Venice, you’ll uncover hidden gems along the way, like Marco Polo’s house a great traveller and writer, the guide will tell you the historical significance of this place, and the contribution made to the world by the man who once lived within these four walls, it is hard not to feel a certain sense of awe.
You’ll not stop there; the guide will walk you to the husting and bustling of the most famous shopping street of Venice known as Mercerie. This historic heart of commercial life in the city is sited between the Rialto bridge and San Marco square.
After a pleasant walk for two hours without being tired and overwhelmed, you walking tour will stop here, as you have discovered the priceless artistic heritage, a perfect balance between art, architecture, and history, and the perfect introduction to a city that words cannot even begin to capture your walking tour ends.
Piazza San Marco (in front of "Yex" Exchange Office, under the clock tower)
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Free Water bottle or Gelato
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance tickets to the attractions
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour does not include entrance to the main sites and will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided)
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour. All customers must be able to autonomously walk, climb and get off the steps
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund