- Learn and explore the art, architecture, history Baroque buildings and imperial monuments of the Eternal City’s most famous sites
- Learn the secrets behind each monument, square, and piece of art with the help of the professional guide
- Discover some of the most stunning squares, fountains in Rome and the myths of tossing a coin and making a wish
Join an amazing three-hour journey through the most famous Roman squares and streets with an informative, friendly, and engaging guide. Walk along the streets to discover and see the Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, and many other stunning fountains, squares and main attractions of Rome.
The tour will begin at Piazza Barberini, in front of the Fontana del Tritone, as the guide will fill you in about this centrepiece, which was designed by the sculptor Bernini and why this square was named Barberini.
Next, you’ll continue the tour to Piazza Spagna (Square of Spanish), known for the Fontana Della Barcaccia (Fountain of the Ugly Boat), Church of Trinità Dei Monti and the Spanish Steps. Take your time to admire, this magnificent example of Italian Baroque style, as the guide will give you an insight into this most-visited square in Rome and after whom this square was named.
After spending time at Piazza Spagna, the guide will walk you through to Piazza Navona, the famous and most charming square for the fifteenth century Roman Baroque-style. Here you’ll be surprised by the sight of the magnificent fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana Dei Quattro Fiumi), Seashell Fountain (Fontana del Moro) and Fountain of Neptune (Fontana del Nettuno). The guide will enlighten you with the stories behind these fountains that was created by some of the famous artists in Italy.
You’ll not stop there, the next monument you’ll see is the Pantheon, its known as the Roman temple with a surprising oculus that is the building's main source of natural light. This is a well-preserved architectural masterpiece of the Italian capital and the guide will introduce you to the art and history of this ancient building.
Following from the Pantheon, you’ll move on to the famous Trevi Fountain, you’ll be stunned by this most beautiful fountain in Rome and fantasy creatures designed to embody movement. Have you been told to throw a coin into Trevi Fountain? If not learn from the guide about the myth behind this tradition and about its history. Before continuing the tour to Piazza Venezia, “Toss in a penny and cross your fingers!”.
Your sightseeing tour ends at Piazza Venezia. As soon as you come across the Piazza, you’ll be stuck with a breath-taking beauty created by marble known as Altare Della Patria. The guide will introduce you to this staggering white marble creation designed by Giuseppe and many other sculptures around the square.
After a pleasant walk for three hours without being tired and overwhelmed, you walking tour will stop here, as you have also discovered a lot of stories, myths, sculptures, fountains, and history of this Eternal City.
After a pleasant walk for three hours without being tired and overwhelmed, you walking tour will stop here, as you have also discovered a lot of stories, myths, sculptures, fountains and history of this Eternal City.
Piazza Barberini (in front of the Fountain)
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Free water bottle or Gelato
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance to the cathedral
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Tickets for attractions
- Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Comfortable shoes are suggested
- Wheelchairs accessible
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund