- Learn and explore the art, architecture, history Baroque buildings and imperial monuments of the Eternal City’s most famous sites
- Learn the secrets behind each monument, square, and piece of art with the help of the professional guide
- Enjoy a light lunch in a traditional restaurant near Trevi Fountain
Join an amazing five-hour journey through the most famous Roman squares and streets with an informative, friendly, and engaging guide. Walk along the streets to discover and see the Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, and many other stunning fountains, squares including the Roman Forum, the Colosseum and main attractions of Rome along with a tradition lunch just like Romans do.
The tour will begin at Piazza Barberini, in front of the Fontana del Tritone, as the guide will fill you in about this centrepiece, which was designed by the sculptor Bernini and why this square was named Barberini.
Next, you’ll continue the tour to Piazza Spagna (Square of Spanish), known for the Fontana Della Barcaccia (Fountain of the Ugly Boat), Church of Trinità Dei Monti and the Spanish Steps. Take your time to admire, this magnificent example of Italian Baroque style, as the guide will give you an insight into this most-visited square in Rome and after whom this square was named.
After spending time at Piazza Spagna, the guide will walk you through to Piazza Navona, the famous and most charming square for the fifteenth century Roman Baroque-style. Here you’ll be surprised by the sight of the magnificent fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana Dei Quattro Fiumi), Seashell Fountain (Fontana del Moro) and Fountain of Neptune (Fontana del Nettuno). The guide will enlighten you with the stories behind these fountains that was created by some of the famous artists in Italy.
You’ll not stop there, the next monument you’ll see is the Pantheon, its known as the Roman temple with a surprising oculus that is the building's main source of natural light. This is a well-preserved architectural masterpiece of the Italian capital and the guide will introduce you to the art and history of this ancient building.
Following from the Pantheon, you’ll move on to the famous Trevi Fountain, you’ll be stunned by this most beautiful fountain in Rome and fantasy creatures designed to embody movement. Have you been told to throw a coin into Trevi Fountain? If not learn from the guide about the myth behind this tradition and about its history. Before continuing the tour to Piazza Venezia, “Toss in a penny and cross your fingers!”.
Here you’ll enjoy a traditional light lunch at a local restaurant, where you’ll be served a delicious Italian meal in a lively atmosphere paired with a glass of red wine. After your lunch, you’ll continue to Piazza Venezia and more sites on the other half of the tour.
As soon as you come across the Piazza, you’ll be stuck with a breath-taking beauty created by marble known as Altare Della Patria. The guide will introduce you to this staggering white marble creation designed by Giuseppe and many other sculptures around the square.
The guide will walk you down the street Via Dei Fori Imperiali, to the Colosseum. Known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, one of the capital's most remarkable monuments. The guide will then revile you with the stories of the brutal ruling and other political drama that took place here. The exterior view of this monument shows-off the power and majesty of the emperor Rome.
Continuing from Colosseum to Basilica of San Clemente, Roman Forum and Palatine Hills, the final stop of the tour. Basilica of San Clement is a unique attraction which is definitely worth visiting, its best known for the recorder of the history of Rome from the beginning of Christianity up until the Mid ages. The guide describes all these archaeology in this temple. A few minutes away is from this Basilica is the Roman Forum and Palatine Hills.
After a short walk, you’ll see the vast excavated area of Roman temples, squares & government buildings of religious and public life in ancient Rome. The guide will point out the interesting temples and other monuments worth paying special attention to. As you continue to the final stop of the tour, Palatine hills, you’ll be stunned of how breath-taking of how the panorama of the Roman Forum is.
After a pleasant walk for five hours without being tired and overwhelmed, you walking tour will stop here, as you have also discovered a lot of stories, myths, sculptures, fountains, and history of this Eternal City.
Piazza Barberini (in front of the Fountain)
- Official certified guide – Early Morning Vatican Tour
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Light Lunch at a local restaurant
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance to the cathedral
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Wheelchairs accessible
- Comfortable shoes are suggested
- In case of intolerance or allergies, alert us when booking and before the tour to avoid any inconvenience
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund