- Experience a great way to discover the history of Notre Dame Cathedral
- Get up close to the famous gargoyles and enjoy panoramic views of the Paris city on the top of the Notre Dame tower
- Embark on a 2.45-hour guided tour with a professional guide to the cathedral and the tower
Explore Notre-Dame cathedral with skip-the-line entrance and a guided tour to both the cathedral and the tower. Learn the history and magnificent details of the interior and exterior of the Notre Dame cathedral and climb to the top of the fabled towers for a bird-eye view over the city in the company of the famous gargoyles.
From the point of the meeting, at the courtyard, you will receive a broad base of understanding to this most remarkable Gothic cathedral in France. You’ll begin your tour with an introduction to the UNESCO World Heritage Site. The exterior view of this imposing cathedral is a showstopper. Find out from the guide If you haven’t heard about the legends of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and discover the gruesome gargoyles standing proudly on the outside of the cathedral.
After exploring the Notre Dame from the outside, Skip the long lines to enter into this impressive cathedral to discover and learn about the interior. Hear about the treasury that houses the holy vessels, ornaments and liturgical books from the guide and sees the 14th-century silver statue of the Virgin Mary, chapter house, nave and the painting of “Les Grands May” in the chapels. As the guide reveals the fascinating stories about the architecture, you’ll have the chance to also admire the famous and one of the greatest masterpieces of Christian architecture, the stained-glass windows and 3 rose windows.
After seeing the cathedral from all sides and visiting inside the cathedral, all you need to do is complete the experience of climbing the top of the towers. On the way, the guide will talk to you more about the Towers design and why it is one of the capital's major monument. The only way up is to climb 387 steps without elevators.
Once you climb to the top of the tower of the Notre Dame, you'll be enchanted from the panoramic view of the Paris city in front of your eyes. You’ll enjoy an up-close view of the amazing gargoyles and chimers that you saw from the corner of the street before climbing up to the tower. And this tower is also the home for the belfry, a 13-ton bell, Emmanuel.
As you benefit from the some of the best views across the lle de la Cite, the guide will point out the major sites and monuments and offers you tips and information on the best ways to visit them during your stay in Paris.
This tour takes about an hour-and-a-half, the perfect amount to listen and discover the cathedrals and climb to the top of the tower. You can also enjoy the view on your own and spend more time on the top after the tour ends.
Parvis Notre Dame (in front of Charlemagne et ses Leudes Statue)
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Access to the Cathedral (which is free)
- Priority entrance to the Towers of Notre Dame Cathedral
- We guarantee "Skip the Line" even during peak season, except in the event of delays or strikes by the cathedral management
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- "Skip-the-line" access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the Cathedral management)
- There may be a queue at the dedicated line for visitors with reservation due to security purpose, however this will be much shorter than at the standard entrance
- To ensure the safety of visitors, the monument is strictly applying the security measures decided by the French authorities
- This visit is not recommended for pregnant women, or people suffering from vertigo or cardiac disease
- You will need to climb 387 steps to get to the top of the towers
- please come appropriately dressed. Shorts, short skirts and bare shoulders are not allowed inside the cathedral
- Please note, masses can be held inside the cathedral
- There is no skip-the-line queue at Notre Dame, a large number of tourists wait in front of the cathedral to enter, and the wait can sometimes be long
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund