- Discover the vibrant and eclectic atmosphere of the Latin Quarter
- Zip through the neighborhood, wasting no time in seeing all the great sights
- Embark on a 2-hour guided tour with a professional guide starting from Louvre to the Latin Quarter
Discover Paris city and the vibrant Latin Quarter on a two-hour walking guided tour starting from the Louver. Learn the history and magnificent details along this walk of the marvellous city. Walk through the footsteps of the famous artist, through the famous monuments, terrace cafes to romping bars and clubs and finally to discover the Latin Quarter.
From the point of the meeting, at the Palace du Carrousel under the statue of Louis XIV on horseback, the guide will give you a little introduction to the world famous museum in front of you and the collection of masterpieces of world’s greatest art, including the legendary Mona Lisa painting and Venus of Milo sculpture.
Later you’ll walk along the Seine River until you arrive at the Île-de-la-Cité, the cradle of Paris. In this most famous neighbourhood, as you walk around these beautiful streets and squares with the guide you’ll see some of the main tourist attractions. You’ll see the Pont Neuf, the oldest standing bridge across the river Seine and you’ll be introduced to the Conciergerie as you listen to the terrible living conditions of those incarcerated in the palace, while they waited to be executed in the Place de la Concorde.
You’ll not stop there, on your way you’ll stop by the Sainte Chapel to admire the Gothic-style architectural masterpiece from the outside and then continue to arrive at the Notre-Dame cathedral Here in this world-famous cathedral you’ll visit inside with the guide and learn the history and magnificent details of the interior and exterior of the Notre Dame cathedral and the famous gargoyles.
Later enter a maze of small and charming streets that’ll make up the Quarter Latin as the guide leads you through these ancient medieval lanes and introduce you to the Gallo-Roman Baths and the Hotel de Cluny, a fifteenth-century house now a museum of the Middle Ages.
While you see the best local places in the Latin Quarter, pass by some other beautiful attractions within the quarter, including the University La Sorbonne that flanks up to the top of the hill Sainte Geneviève and the Panthéon.
The guide will end this pleasant walking tour after the visit to the Jardin du Luxembourg, the gardens commissioned by Queen Maria de Medici, which surrounds the Palais du Luxembourg, now seat of the Senate.
Cour Napolèon et Pyramide du Louvre (in front of Louvre Museum Pyramid)
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Tickets for Funicular
- Entrance tickets to attractions
- Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- This activity is wheelchair accessible
- The tour does not enter any museums or specific sites, as this would lengthen the tour and disrupt the flow of information. There may be a queue at the dedicated line for visitors with reservation due to security purpose,however this will be much shorter than at the standard entrance
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alterna6ve or full refund