- Experience a great way to discover Montmartre’s Sacré Coeur, Van Gogh's House, Moulin Rouge, Picasso's Studio, and
- Enjoy the bohemian atmosphere of Artist's Square and visit the Basilica of the Sacré-Coeur with panoramic city views
- Embark on a 2-hour guided tour with a professional guide
Explore the beauty of the Montmartre on a two-hour guided tour. Learn the history and magnificent details of this marvellous
neighbourhood in Paris. Walk through the footsteps of the famous artists, through the terrace cafes to romping bars and clubs,
and saucy can-can dancers to bourgeois apartment and narrow cobblestone streets
From the point of the meeting, at the ABBESSES subway station, one of the two of remaining Paris stations created by the French art nouveau leader Hector Guimard, the guide will take you through to the most famous sights and streets of the neighbourhood in Paris. You’ll have the chance to admire the church of Saint John of Montmartre of 1904, which was the first religious architecture to use reinforced concrete. After a brief introduction to this historical church, the guide will lead you next to the garden next door to show "Le Mur des Je t’aime", the Wall of Love. Here you’ll see over 311 written declarations in 250 different languages, I Love You.
Next, after a little inspiration of love, you’ll go to the bohemian Montmartre located on top of the hill, which is reached after having walked up to 270 steps or who wants instead can take the funicular that costs a metro ticket (1,90 €). Once at the top, walk through the maze of narrow streets while hearing seldom told stories about saints, singers and even a famous donkey whose artwork sold thousands of dollars. Here you’ll be also introduced to the second most visited monument of Paris, the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, a beautiful temple from where below you can see a fantastic view of Paris.
After discovering the beautiful monument, you’ll stroll the streets and pretty alleys of the Place du Tertre, (the Square of painters) and the ancient church of Saint Peter with the guide. Walking along these narrow streets on the hill of where VanGogh, Toulouse-Lautrec, Picasso, and other artist lived and worked, you’ll also see the city’s remaining Vineyard in Paris, the last 2 windmills standing small, the cabaret Au Lapin Agile where the young Picasso exhibited his paintings; the houses of Renoir, Picasso, Dalida and the famous Moulin de la GaleRe, the ancient ballroom immortalized by Renoir in the homonymous painting, now in the Musée d'Orsay as the guide will give you an insight to each of these sights as you walk.
You’ll not stop there: the guide will take you back to the streets around the Place du Tertre for shopping, relax or for a portrait by the street painters. After a pleasant walk for two hours without being tired and overwhelmed, your walking tour will stop here, as you’ll have this area full of local restaurants with terraces and painters selling their work to tourists and locals.
8 Place des Abbesses
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Tickets for Funicular
- Entrance tickets to attractions
- Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- This activity is wheelchair accessible
- The tour does not enter any museums or specific sites, as this would lengthen the tour and disrupt the flow of information. There may be a queue at the dedicated line for visitors with reserva6on due to security purpose,however this will be much shorter than at the standard entrance
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund