- Experience Florence's Duomo Square, the city's most iconic landmark
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites: The Cathedral, Baptistery and the Opera del Duomo Museum
- Benefit from a small-group walking tour around the Duomo Complex
An amazing guided tour of Florence' Duomo Square where you will be partnered with the best local guides in town to get to know all the secrets of several significant sites in detail.
Piazza del Duomo is located in the heart of the historic center of Florence. It is one of the most visited places in the world and in Florence is the most visited area of the city. From the point of the meeting, the guide will give an insight into the history of this marvelous piece of art standing right in front of you.
Initially, the guide will talk your way to the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo, which commits to the conservation of the dome and other artworks of great masterpieces of Michelangelo, Donatello, Lorenzo Ghiberti, Luca Della Robbia, Arnolfo di Cambio, and many others.
Afterward, as you walk through the Piazza, you'll catch glimpses of the red dome that was completed in 1436 by Filippo Brunelleschi and was once known as the largest building in Medieval Europe. After an interesting explanation of this showstopper, your next stop will be the showpieces of the Florentine Gothic architecture, Giotto's Bell Tower standing adjacent to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Fiore
The guide will also walk you around the exterior of the Loggia del Bigallo, a late Gothic building in Florence with an interesting historical fact. Finally, you’ll enter through the “Gates of Paradise” to the Baptistery of Saint John which stands across from the Duomo Cathedral. You will be guided on the technical and artistic point of view of architecture before the tour concludes.
The tour takes about an hour and a half, the perfect amount to see the highlights of Piazza Della Duomo.
Porta della Mandorla (Piazza del Duomo - Front of Arnold Coffee)
- Tickets to visit the listed attractions (the Bell-tower, the crypt inside the Cathedral and the baptistery, Museo dell' Opera del Duomo)
- Small group tour walking tour around the Duomo Square
- Officlal certified guide
- Radios and headsets to hear the guides clearly
- Guided tour inside the Museo dell' Opera del Duomo and Baptistery of Saint John
- Walking tour around the Duomo Square
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entrance to the cathedral
- Reservation to climb the dome
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- You do not need a ticket to visit the Cathedral; you can enter it at any time before or after this tour
- After the first validation, the ticket is valid for 72 hours: you can use it to visit monuments listed on your own time (the Bell-tower and the crypt inside the cathedral)
- Respect the dress code: NO skimpy tops, spaghetti straps or bare midriffs are allowed inside
- Shorts and skirts should be knee length to cover the knees. Sleeveless or short-sleeved shirts are fine. If in doubt, carry a light shawl or long sleeve top to wrap around you when you go inside. Caps and hats should not be worn inside either
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough
passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an
alternative or full refund