- Visit the stunning Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral
- See the Signoria Square with its replica of the Michelangelo’s David
- Walk over the famous Old Bridge
- Learn from a professional guide who will show you the city's hidden treasures
- View house paintings ranging from the 13th century to the 18th century
- Witness the famous “Madonna di Ognissanti” by Giotto
- Peruse an admirable creation of art by Filippo Brunelleschi
Join an amazing journey through the most famous squares and streets of Florence with and informative, friendly, and engaging guide. Walk to the stunning Florence Duomo, the Old Bridge, and the Signoria Square with its replica of Michelangelo’s David. After this first 2 hours, explore the glory of masterpieces from the past at the Uffizi Gallery. A world-famous museum of Florence, it contains one of the oldest and famous collections of art in the world. Visitors to Florence should not miss the chance to view some of the most precious and amazing pieces of art done by Giotto, Filippo Lippi, Raphael, and Caravaggio. With this guided tour service, you will be able to "skip-the-line" to obtain a priority entry ticket to the Uffizi gallery.
From the point of the meeting, the guide will give you an insight of the history of this Renaissance city and how this incredible cultural movement of the Renaissance transformed not only Florence but eventually the rest of Europe.
The guide will start off with Piazza Della Republica, the main square of Florence that marks the center of the City. After a little talk of history & the changes of Piazza Republica since its origin, you will walk straight to the marvelous piece of art, the Piazza Della Duomo. A showstopper of Filippo Brunelleschi, Giotto, Arnolfo & Francesco Talenti.
Walk passing the Duomo Square the guide will lead you straight through the old buildings and some of the historical landmarks of Florence to Palazzo Vecchio, where the David’s’ sculpture (the original is in the Galleria dell'Accademia) by Michelangelo is placed outside the Palazzo Vecchio as a symbol of the Republic's defiance of the tyrannical Medici.
Afterward, as you walk past the Palazzo Vecchio, the guide will explain you about the Uffizi Gallery, one of the greatest museums of the world, and then you will reach the most famous old bridge of Florence known as “Ponte Vecchio”.
Your next stop is Palazzo Pitti, the enormous palace of Florence's largest architectural monuments of Filippo Brunelleschi and the household of Pitti Family, later of the Medici’s’.
Finally, the guide will talk you through the artists, architects, thinkers and political figures who led to the Renaissance and born on the fertile soil in and around Florence, within the same century till your final stop to “La Strega Nocciola” for a delicious gelato offered by us Star Florence.
The guide will start off with a little history of Uffizi Gallery, which used to house the administrative and legal offices before it became a gallery and information about the Medici as the majority of artistic masterpieces in Florence and in the Uffizi are their own collection as well as support provided by the Medici for arts and artists of past centuries.
After entering, the guide will show you the portrait of Anna Maria Luisa de' Medici, the last surviving member of the Medici responsible for donating all of the family's collections to the city.
As you climb the grand staircase to the top floor, where the museum collections begin, the guide will explain the architecture of the museum and fascinate you with the secrets, legends and other various interesting bits of information behind the many paintings on display in this gallery.
The first hall contains works by Giotto, Cimabue, and Duccio di Buoninsegna and You'll see and learn about the paintings of Venus de Milo by Botticelli, the Annunciation by Leonardo da Vinci and the only panel painting in the world by Michelangelo from the guide.
Along with the local and art expert guide discover the Uffizi and its masterpieces, an interesting and fun journey, where the artists and their paintings are brought to life by the guide. By knowing some of the who, what and why, will enrich the visit to the museum.
Via dei Brunelleschi (In front of the Hard Rock Café)
- Included in the ticket with reservation for Uffizi Gallery
- For Uffizi Gallery, we guarantee the 'skip the line' even during peak season, except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management
- Free Water bottle or Gelato
- Officlal certified guide
- Radios and headsets to hear the guides clearly
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance to the cathedral
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Pets and large luggage are not allowed
- The tour operator guarantees 'skip the line' tours even during peak season, except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Wheelchairs accessible
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund