- Enjoy a spectacular view of the city
- Climb to the top of the Cupola, the highest point in Florence
- See an admirable creation of art by Filippo Brunelleschi
- Experience Florence's Duomo Square, the city's most iconic landmark
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites: The Cathedral, Baptistery and the Opera del Duomo Museum
- Benefit from a small-group walking tour around the Duomo Complex
An amazing guided tour of Florence' Duomo Square where you will be partnered with the best local guides in town to get to know all the secrets of several significant sites in detail. Then, enjoy the entire city from a single point by climbing to the top of Florence's Dome by Joining a guided tour with local expert guides to discover the structure's full history.
Let's begin your experience climbing the awesome Cupola.
The exterior view of the Cupola is a showstopper but the only way to see the inside of the dome up close and enjoy the extraordinary view of Florence is to climb its 463 steps (there is no elevator).
Your guide will talk you through all about how the Cupola was designed and built by Filippo Brunelleschi who won the competition for its commission in 1418.
The way up (and down) are basically tight corridors as the workmen who built the cathedral for maintenance, they were never thought of as being open to the public.
On the interior of the dome, you can admire the Giorgio Vasari's frescoes of the Last Judgment (1572-9) up close with an interesting explanation of the frescoes from your guide on your way up to the top.
Look down and on the base, just above the drum, you'll see that Baccio d'Agnolo began adding a balcony in 1507 and how one of the eight sides were unfinished, there's a story behind it, your guide will reveal it to you on your way as to why the work was immediately halted, and to this day the other seven sides remain rough brick!
Once you climb to the top of the Cupola, you will be enchanted from the panoramic view of the Florence city in front of your eyes. Your guide will talk about the history and art of this Duomo Square and answer to any of your questions regarding Duomo.
After the beatiful view on the top of the Cupola, your guide will start with you the walking tour from Piazza del Duomo. After a little talk of history & the changes of Piazza Republica since it's origin, you will walk straight to the marvelous piece of art.
Walk passing the squares, the guide will lead you straight through the old buildings and some of the historical landmarks of Florence to Palazzo Vecchio, where the David’s’ sculpture (the original is in the Galleria dell'Accademia) by Michelangelo is placed outside the Palazzo Vecchio as a symbol of the Republic's defiance of the tyrannical Medici.
Afterward, as you walk past the Palazzo Vecchio, the guide will explain you about the Uffizi Gallery, one of the greatest museums of the world, and then you will reach the most famous old bridge of Florence known as “Ponte Vecchio”.
Your next stop is Palazzo Pitti, the enormous palace of Florence's largest architectural monuments of Filippo Brunelleschi and the household of Pitti Family, later of the Medici’s’.
Finally, the guide will talk you through the artists, architects, thinkers and political figures who led to the Renaissance and born on the fertile soil in and around Florence, within the same century till your final stop to “La Strega Nocciola” for a delicious gelato offered by us Star Florence.
Lindt Chocolate Shop (Piazza del Duomo 15/Red)
- Tickets to visit the listed attractions (Cupola, the Bell-tower, the crypt inside the Cathedral and the baptistery, Museo dell' Opera del Duomo)
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Free Water bottle or Gelato
- Guided tour inside the Museo dell' Opera del Duomo and Baptistery of Saint John
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance to the cathedral
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, physically not fit to climb steps, pregnant women and suffering from vertigo, claustrophobia or heart problems
- No wheelchair accessible (for Cupola)
- No elevators (for Cupola)
- Pets are not allowed (for Cupola)
- You do not need a ticket to visit the Cathedral; you can enter it at any time before or after this tour
- After the first validation, the ticket is valid for 72 hours: you can use it to visit locations listed on your own time (the Bell-tower and the crypt inside the cathedral)
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund